By leaving the previous tenant’s neon ‘Chinese Restaurant’ sign up, this Korean restaurant hoped to bank on an underlying current of the ‘they all look alike’ mentality to put bums on seats. Perhaps it’s a good thing then that they’re no longer in business? In reality it looks like this restaurant was part of the ‘by the people, for the people’ trend that saw Chinese restaurants originally established to appeal to the more adventurous members of white Australian communities replaced with Korean restaurants designed to cater to the area’s blossoming Korean community…and it closed because apparently, the food sucked. Japanese next time?
- A Sydney Anthology A unique take on Sydney history, profiling the city through art and literature.
- Batman and Me My feature documentary about an obsessive Batman collector.
- Dictionary of Sydney An invaluable research resource. Pretty sure I’m a contributor there now.
- Fab Sydney Flashbacks Sydney’s modern urban history traced through media. Recommended.
- Mirror Sydney It’s Vanessa Berry’s town, we’re just living in it.
- ShhSydney Finding beauty in the abandoned since ’13
- The Old Parramattan For those who want to experience Parramatta in the old, OLD days…
- Trove The NLA’s amazing archive of old print.
- VOSSSTRASSEDOTCOM A fascinating travelogue of post-war Berlin. Witty, educational, and damn thorough.
- Wayning Interests My other blog.